I know that you have A LOT on your plate. This can be a pretty cool job, but it does have challenges you need support with.
I’m writing this guide to help you out.
While I’m writing it, I’ll be making draft chapters available for free via the mailing list, so sign up below!
This is the draft table of contents. Titles and final list will probably be slightly different.
- Your mindset
- Data framework
- Making Roadmaps and scenarios
- Fallback systems (good for them, good for you)
- What to expect (blank slates, lots of excel, no databases etc)
- Your non technical manager & you
- (Almost) Never say no
- Answers to tough questions
- Managing your time
- Managing expectations
- Managing requests
- Asking questions
- Talking to execs
- Securing budget
- Hiring others – resumes, salary, widening the talent pool
- Developing your skills
- Project management mindset, build vs buy
- Outsourcing work – brief, budget, long term, short term
- Creating a data culture