Here’s the work in progress for the Content of the guide I’m working on for first data hires.
- Your mindset
- Data framework (~15 elements) (could be a little book on its own?)
- Making Roadmaps and scenarios
- Fallback systems (good for them, good for you)
- What to expect (blank slates, lots of excel, no databases etc)
- Your non technical manager & you
- Never say no
- Answers to tough questions
- Managing your time – block out time in your diary, plan ahead
- Managing expectations – keep record of weekly work, colour coded
- Managing requests – Kanban board
- Asking questions (business q, data q etc)
- Talking to execs, writing reports and emails, describing progress
- Securing budget
- Hiring others – resumes, salary, widening the talent pool
- Developing your skills
- Project management mindset, build vs buy
- Outsourcing work – brief, budget, long term, short term
- Creating a data culture
Manage your data projects like a pro with a free copy of my ebook!
Newsletter subscribers get a free copy of Project Management Fundamentals for Data Analysts worth $12, and I’ll occasionally email you about new blog posts or data-related products I make. Unsubscribe at any time.